Fans of SOAPnet will recognize this promo from July and August that boasted ’50 Shades of Summer!’
Did the tease work?
More teases have surfaced over the past few weeks from some of our favorite television stars. Since Fifty Shades of Grey dominated our summer reading, we eagerly expect references to the book to pop up all over this Fall’s television lineup!
Actor Paulo Costanzo teased us about a scene in an upcoming episode of his hit show Royal Pains while talking about his directorial debut on the series.
- Grey’s Anatomy: Working in the double meaning of ‘Grey’ is a definite no-brainer for the show! This show has always brought on the hot and steamy, but perhaps favorite couple McDreamy and Meredith will seek to spice up their marriage with the use of a few toys?
- Hawaii Five-0: Many of you have suggested Alex O’Loughlin as a potential candidate for Christian Grey. Wouldn’t it be Greyt if his character had to go under cover as a Christian Grey-type for a sting operation? Well first, McGarrett and Danno would probably argue over who is the better man for the job.
- Two Broke Girls: Hmmm…maybe a dream sequence where Max and Caroline each dream that they meet their very own Christian Grey-type but have to sign paperwork saying they will no longer be friends. One signs, and the other refuses. When they wake up, will they share with each other who signed on the dotted line?
- Glee: What would Sue say? Inappropriately threaten the Cheerios with a spanking? Give a pep talk in which she assures students and teachers alike that she can handle pain better than any sub Christian Grey has ever had so bring it on? Or sing a song dressed in leather and taunting a riding crop? Whatever reference, we know Jane Lynch will deliver it perfectly as Sue!
- Go On: This is Matthew Perry’s new show about a guy who is forced to go to group therapy. Not sure if there will be guest stars who attend the group, but if so, there’s bound to be a dark, brooding handsome man who shows up for group admitting he was seduced by his mother’s best friend when he was 15 years old into a life of a BDSM, right?
- Family Guy and The Simpsons: Both of these shows thrive on pop culture, so we won’t be a bit surprised if references, though slightly twisted, are made! Marge might surprise Homer with a Yellow Room of Donuts!
- Modern Family: It’s anyone’s guess how #50Shades will be worked in on this show or with which couple! That’s okay. Surprise us!
- SNL: They had a great Mother’s Day Gift parody skit that even E L James thought was funny! Can they top it? We’re sure they’ll try this season.