Vintage Books announced today that fans will soon be able to add a journal inspired by the bestselling Fifty Shades trilogy to their collection.
Please note that this is NOT a new novel or a ‘how-to’ guide. It is, however, a creative collaboration between the author and her U.S. publisher that will offer readers and aspiring writers a place to record their innermost thoughts.
- Foreword written by E L James
- Excerpts from her books
- Writing tips based on the author’s own writing experience
- Playlist of music that inspired her own writing and running song counts
- Foil-embossed, bonded-leather cover
- Red-ribbon marker
- Color printing, endpapers, and illustrations throughout
- Lined pages for writing (divided into sections inspired by her protagonists, Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey)
“As E L James traveled and met with readers, there was a great curiosity about how she got started writing,” said Vintage/Anchor’s Anne Messitte, the acquiring publisher of the Fifty Shades series. “Her personal story is inspirational to many women, and journaling was an important part of her writing process.”
The 192-page journal designed by Chin-Yee Lai will go on sale May 1, 2013. Priced at just $16.99 (U.S. $), it would make a great Mother’s Day Gift!
Source: Official Press Release from Random House